Did you know???
- There is a fifth taste called Umami!
- Fruit Sugar aka Fructose has a salty counterpart! Fruit Salt is Sodium Citrate, commonly available as Eno Salt.
- Cucumber which is generally referred to as a vegetable is actually a fruit!
- Botanically speaking, a strawberry is not a berry, but a banana is!
- Groundnut is not a nut, but a legume in reality!
- Just like raisins are dried grapes, prunes are dried plums!
- Paprika is nothing but ground dried red bell pepper!
- ‘Gobi Manchurian’ originated neither in Gobi desert nor in Manchuria, but had its humble beginning in India! ‘Phool Gobi’ in Hindi is cauliflower.
- Coffee beans are used during perfume tests! Sniffing coffee beans in between perfumes is believed to cleanse the nasal palate, help distinguish one perfume from another better. But the effect is purely psychological.
- There are about hundreds of varieties of cheese used all over the world! Know about 605 of them from the great cheese resource, www.cheese.com.